Monday, May 17, 2010

TOO MUCH



This is getting to be too much, even for me. The third Sunday in May is the Bay to Breakers race in San Francisco. Thousands of people get dressed up in crazy costumes and form drunken teams of "centipedes". This was all going on outside while we ate. Lunch was at Zuni, with Mindy and Claudia for the famous Chicken and Caesar Salad.


Then ice cream at Humphrey Slocombe in the Mission. I had Secret Breakfast (cornflakes and bourbon) and Brown Butter.



For dinner we went back to Flour and Water. Everything was so good before that we ordered it all again but added: a few more pastas and the ramp pizza, and all of the desserts (chocolate pudding, strawberry rhubarb crisp, panna cotta) Don't get me wrong, all of this is amazing, but I'd like to have a girlfriend to share it all with. It reminds me of when I stayed in a beautiful Frank Lloyd Wright-designed hotel in Phoenix and accidentally got upgraded to a bungalow. There was a giant bed, tons of soaps, two robes and slippers, two seating areas, a patio, etc. It was all just too much to enjoy and appreciate alone. You wanted to look and someone and say "whoa!"



No comments:

Post a Comment