Friday, February 4, 2011

ASANEBO

Here's another thing I find difficult about being in Los Angeles: It's hard to make plans. No one (including me) wants to commit to being somewhere at a certain time. You never know what's going to happen with traffic I guess. I end up not having plans and spending a lot of time alone. It worked out well last night because I ended up at Asanebo, alone. I had the small Omakase. It started with sesame tofu, Miso soup (you can choose from six different types, I had red snapper collar) and a crispy fish and shrimp roll.


Next was five courses of sushi: Fluke and Halibut
Tuna and Kahada (?)
Octopus and Shrimp
Albacore and Red Snapper
Sea Urchin and Scallop
Rainn Wilson was there. A young woman was telling her date a story that involved saying "The Office" a lot: "And then everyone from the office..." "when I got back to the office..." etc. I couldn't tell if she was doing it to tease him or not, but every time she said "the office" he turned his head.
Dessert was a taste of four home made ice creams: mascarpone, chestnut, black sesame and brown tea.
When I got home I watched "The Office".

1 comment:

  1. this really really makes me miss la. i miss asanebo and am even regretting not going often enough when i was there.

    ReplyDelete