Saturday, November 6, 2010

HENRY PUBLIC


Pumpkin makes a lot of fun of this place, "Hamburger Sandwiches", "Bill of Fare". Henry Public pretty much exemplifies everything that drives me crazy about the current trend in restaurants and fashion. It's basically a set that has been created to make people think they are having an authentic experience, as if we discovered some hidden away little gem that has been this way since the early 1900's. The lighting is dim, the walls are covered in enamel with wood details. The bar is aged perfectly. The music is ole timey. It think it's supposed to look like a speakeasy? I believe it, but I know it's not true. What makes it even more difficult is that the food is very good and it's exactly what I want to eat. Tony and I shared salty Pemaquid oysters from Maine and deviled eggs. We each had a hamburger sandwich with fries. It's all confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment