Saturday, January 15, 2011

THE JOHN DORY

The Ace Hotel is embarrassing. I mean, I'm embarrassed when I'm there. Last night, while waiting for Sara to arrive, I wandered around the place. It's all designed to appeal to people who are younger than me. I'm not the target audience (I'm too old and pessimistic-maybe that's why I'm embarassed). I find the giant American flag ironic and that bugs me (that I find it ironic). The cases near the check-in area are filled with unique, artisanal, hand-made wallets and socks, I wanted it all and hated it at the same time. There's a DJ. Everyone has a beard, including me. The Opening Ceremony Store is filled with things that people think are cool. Stump Town. We ate at The John Dory Oyster Bar. Fake fish on the walls, shell sconces, spherical fish tanks. We had the anchovy toast, Peconic oysters and Littleneck clams, and Lobster Chowder with Parker House Rolls. It was all very good.


No comments:

Post a Comment