Saturday, January 15, 2011

RAOUL'S

Raoul's isn't that good, but I like it. It's expensive and the food is pretty average but it feels like a real old Soho place. It's got a lot of booths. You can tell there are lots of regulars at the bar. Most of the people that work here are on the older side and look they live in rent-stabilized apartments in the area. I imagine that they are still hopeful about their acting/music/writing careers. Kim and I started with the pear salad and each had the Steak au Poivre with French Fries. We both ate every bite.


1 comment:

  1. I love that you can admit that a restaurant's food isn't that good, but that you enjoy the vibe, the decor, the general groove of the place. So many foodies can't admit this type of thing. For example, I think the milkshakes at THE STAND are amazing. Everything is fairly pedestrian. And I like that its right next to a 2nd run movie theatre. Such good logistics...

    ReplyDelete