Wednesday, September 29, 2010

EATALY-MANZO

I've been excited about going to Eataly since it opened last month, but I've been worried that it would be too overwhelming and crowded. Kim and I went last night and it was even better than I'd hoped. It's clean, and beautiful and has any Italian food product you could want. There are a bunch of options for eating in, I plan to try them all. We started with Manzo, a counter devoted to beef. First up was chilled NY Strip with arugula and aged balsamic vinegar, followed by raviloli filled with beef braised in red wine.
We shared the Ribeye for two
Sitting down the counter from us was Lydia Bastianich, who helped open Eataly. I love her TV show Lydia's Italy and think of her as my Italian grandmother. I felt lucky to be able to congratulate her on the four star review that another of her restaurants, Del Posto, received in the NY Times earlier today.
After dinner Kim and I wandered around in a haze eating gelato and imagining all the food we will eat here in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment