Tuesday, September 7, 2010

VENICE

Friends had warned me that it was hard to find good food in Venice, but I didn't really believe them. I went to the Venice Film Festival to celebrate the premiere of Meek's Cutoff (which I'm proud to have taken a part in the making of). Disappointingly, the best meal I had was at the airport (a plate of prosciutto di San Daniele) All of the food was pretty mediocre. In general it was bland and oily. Corte Sconta is one exception, it's part of an association of restaurants who's aim is to use fresh, local ingredients in keeping with Venice's ancient food culture. We started with spider crab pate.

Salmon with red berries
Tuna carpaccio
Tiny clams in ginger broth
Crustaceans: Octopus, squid, baby shrimp, cod, prawns
Squid ink spaghetti with mussels and squid
I can't remember what kind of fish this was (sea bass?)


2 comments:

  1. Damn. I wish I had known you were going. Tim and Tara are experts in all things Venice, including food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been seeking to ways to gain worldwide popularity shortly? You just will need to Buy Facebook Followers to become well known on web. facebook followers service

    ReplyDelete