Tuesday, August 17, 2010

LANTERN



Mac, Greg and I met at Lantern for dinner. We started with three crispy appetizers: salt and pepper shrimp, chaat (chick peas, potatoes, tomatoes and chutney) and okra with a spicy tomato sauce.
I also had the "lacque" pork belly. It's crispy and fatty superchunks of pork, in a thick, rich sauce.
They made fun of me for ordering such a "lite" entree, I had the spicy tomato soup with shiso (but I also had some of Mac's whole flounder and Greg's Indian-style vegetarian stew)

Steamed yuzu pudding cake with blueberries.
Creme freche ice cream with figs, candied pistachios and caramel
Wine soaked peach with honey ice cream and crushed blackberries.

2 comments:

  1. If this meal tasted as good as it looks you are one lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good time with Davery and MacLeag!

    ReplyDelete